Blog or Not to Blog? That is the Question and you may have answer for this question after going through this article.
A blog is more than just a diary or journal online. It is also a way for you to earn an extra stream of income through advertising or affiliate marketing.
Blog! What Does This Mean
With a blog, you can showcase a specific talent or interest to the world. Once you have decided to create a blog, getting it up and running is not too difficult.
You don’t need to be an expert coder, nor to you need to put much or even any money into it right away. You just need a few tips from posts like this.
Blog or Not to Blog And How To Create a blog?
Picking a Topic For Blog
The subject of your blog is critical for a few reasons.
- You want to choose a topic people will want to actually read about, for one thing.
- You also want to choose a subject you love to write about.
If you don’t have much to say about something, you won’t post regularly. Creating new, fresh content is crucial for a successful blog.
Have A Quick Look On Few Ideas For Successful Blog
- If you enjoy making things and teaching others, an instructional blog might be the way to go.
For example, you can create a blog about cooking for a vegetarian or gluten-free diet, or you can create a blog that shows people how to build items out of wood.
- Feel free to be controversial with your blog if that suits your personality.
An opinion blog might generate a lot of comments, which can increase your page views and revenue, if that is your goal.
Keep in mind that an opinion blog is not for the faint of heart. Comments can be cruel.
- Choose a niche or subject area and offer readers with general information in that niche.
For instance, you can create a craft blog that includes how-to articles as well as blog posts reviewing new craft projects or discussing the latest trends.
People need to be able to find your blog posts. Blogging requires a bit of search engine optimization, or SEO knowledge, but not very much, especially if you decide to use a blogging template site.
- Before you write a new post or choose a topic, do research on search engines.
- Type in a search phrase relevant to your desired topic and see how many blogs exist already.
- Also look at how popular the blogs are by looking at the number of followers they have or by looking at the number of page views.
If a particular subject area is flooded with blogs, you might be better off choosing a different topic.
Above all, you want your blog to be readable. The layout contributes to its readability.
For example, if you choose a bright yellow background, a very narrow text field and lots of flashing images, people won’t stick around. If people can’t find your posts, they will bounce away from your blog quickly as well.
An ideal layout has the title of your blog at the top of the page, then a row of links to the other pages on the blog under it.
- A simple two column layout is a great way to get started.
- You can have the text of each post in the column on the left side, and other information, such as a list of posts and advertisements, in the right hand column.
When you are just getting your blog started you can follow one of the following method,
- Register With WordPress or Blogger(Free Service) : One option is to register it through a site such as WordPress or Blogger. These sites allow you to use your blog’s title as a subdomain of the blogger.com or WordPress.com domains for free.
- Purchase your own domain name : You can also purchase your own domain name through these sites or link your domain to them. The cost of a domain name is generally low enough to make it worth your while.
A simple domain name such as mycraftblog.com is a lot easier for visitors to remember and to type than mycraftblog.blogspot.com.
When titling your blog, think of something catchy but easy to remember. In most cases, the shorter the domain name, the better. A short name is easier to spell correctly and less frustrating to type.
Putting the Blog Up
A blogging site such as tumblr.com or blogger.com makes it very easy to publish your blog.
- These sites feature a “WYSIWYG” editor, meaning you don’t need to know HTML or other languages.
- You have a set amount of space for free, as well, so you can post photos, text and videos.
- You also have the option of a number of blog templates. As you become more advanced, you can alter the code of the blog template to make a more customized blog.
Finally, Start Blogging
Once you get the blog started, you can dive into more complex topics or customize it as you like. Looking at page views and other data on the blog will help you to decide if you are on the right track or if you need to make adjustments to improve the blog. I think you can understand answer for question, To Blog Or Not To Blog?, once you decided and formed your blog read more about 7 Effective SEO Tips for New Bloggers.