Samsung released its first mid-range phablet – Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos. We got our hands on it, and noticed a few things.
Samsung created a buzz in the smartphone market with its launch of the phablet back in 2010, Galaxy Note in 2010 being the first in the category; then followed the Galaxy Note II in 2012.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos First impression
We felt the resolution of 480×800 pixels doesn’t quite live up to the industry standards. As far as the looks are concerned, Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos pretty much resembles its cousin version – the Galaxy S III.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos feels slim and trim on our hands at 9.6mm thickness. And the polished plastic case adds to the good look of the handy device. The device has two nice capacitive buttons on the front and rear end. If you are fond of using Android-powered Samsung models, then intuitive user interface would probably make you feel at home.
Description: Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos comes with the regular dual-SIM capability. It gives great flexibility to let users manage both phone numbers with ease.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Specifications
- Network: GSM
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 76.9 x 9.6 mm
- Battery Type: Li-Ion 2100 mAh
- Weight: 162 g
- Colors: 16M Colors, WVGA
- Resolution: 800 x 480 Pixels, 5.0″
- In-built: 8GB
- Expandable memory: Using MicroSD
- 8MP: Snapper camera with LED flash
- 2 MP: Secondary Front Camera
- Zooming capabilities: Digital zoom with LED flash support and default auto-focus
- Video Capture: Supports multiple video player formats
- Multi-format supporting Music Player
- Loud Speaker
- Gaming options available
- Ring tones: Customizable MP3 Ringtones and standard Polyphonic ring tones
Additional features include
Image and Video Editor, Click-of-the-button access to Google and a range of web applications such as Gmail, G-talk, YouTube Videos, Picasa Integration and much more. Then there is Voice Memo, Smart Alert, Dial, S Voice, Direct call, Predictive Text Input, and Popup Play.
The Galaxy Grand Duos brings some nice features to the table
- Processor: It has a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, a 5-inch WVGA TFT display
- Operating System: Runs on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
- Camera Capability: There is an 8MP camera at the rear end with a BSI sensor, capable of recording sizable videos in full HD at 1080p. And there is a 2Mp camera at the front.
- Network: Network connectivity is supported by Wi-Fi, 3G, and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Keyboard: The keyboard is much easier to type than the Note II.
- Video Experience: Just like its cousin versions, this model too lets you play your favorite videos and carry on with your tasks on the device.
So, the multi-tasking capabilities are impressive. The swipe down menu leads to a group of icons which are the shortcuts to all your operations on the device. The default brightness and colors contrast levels are good to the eyes.
My Service (incorporated service with the phone)
The most impressive feature we noticed with Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos was the newly incorporated service called My Service. Basically, it intends to give users easy access to hordes of multimedia content including:
- My Movies – a massive collection of over 2000 movies
- My Music – a library of more than 3lakh songs from the Hungama classic
- My Education – consists of more than 1200 text books, 150 assignment papers, and 60 video books
- My Mobile TV – is a gateway to over 100 live TV channels
Take A Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Video Look
Samsung Galaxy Grand duos Price
Now let’s talk about it’s price. You can buy Galaxy Grand & Galaxy Grand duos in Rs 21,500 including following freebies introductory package worth Rs. 10999/-
- Free Samsung Flipcover (In the box)
- Music & Movies on Myservices + 50 GB Dropbox Space
Please get above freebies/Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos offer from here .
That’s in brief about what we observed and learn about Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos. Do let us know and share your thoughts on the same in the comments section.