Great news for android technology phone users Skype is launched for Android Smart Phone (October 05, 2010 ). Skype has officially launched latest version of Skype for Android Smart Phone. The Skype for Android Smart Phone designed for Android handsets running on Google Android 2.1 or higher platform.
It’s very simple to get it just by giving your Android phone number you can download Skype for Android mobile. Skype for Android Smart Phone includes many features to this latest development. You can also download Skype for Android Smart Phone via SMS.
Mark Douglas, Product Manager for Android Smart Phone said:
“The Skype experience is ubiquitous today. More and more people are using Skype to do things together when apart,”. He also added “With the addition of Android Smart Phone, we are pleased that Skype is now available on three of the most popular mobile platforms today: Android Smart Phone, iOS and Symbian.”
Skype For Android Smart Phone
Features which will support Skype for Android Smart Phone
- Instant messaging (IM)
- Group IM
- Skype-to-Skype calling
- Calling phones and mobiles
- Receiving Skype calls and calls to Online Numbers
- Participating in conference calls
- Synchronizing with Android Smart Phone book
- Importing from native phonebook
- Call forwarding
- Showing favorite contacts
- Contact list filtering via groups
Features which will not support Skype for Android Smart Phone
- Will Not Support Voicemail
- Will Not Support Skype SMS
- Will Not Support File transfer
But still it’s a great news, right?
Benefits Which You Can Take It From Skype on Android Smart Phone
- Make free Skype-to-Skype calls over WiFi or 3G
- Make low rate Skype calls to landline or cellphones
- Send and receive IMs one-to-one or with a group of friends on Skype
- Check when Skype contacts are online and available to call or chat
- Skype contacts can be synchronized with the native address book
- Easily import names and numbers from native address book into the Skype app
- Receive calls on their Skype online number
See the Video Demo (Skype For Android Smart Phone)
Requirements for Skype on Android Smart Phone
- Android 2.1 operating system and above.
- *Please note that data usage costs apply for using Skype over 3G mobile networks (EDGE, EV-DO and UMTS), so we recommend an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection
How To Get It:
- Download Skype for Android Smart Phone app from Official website of Skype.
- Once downloaded, Skype is installed and ready to run – there is no separate install process. To find it on your phone, press the native menu button then tap Applications. You can always drag and drop the application to your Home screen to make it easier to locate.