Windows Phone 7 is launched in Europe, Singapore and Australia on October 21, 2010, and in the US & Canada on November 8, 2010, with Asia to follow in 2011.
With Windows Phone 7, Microsoft offers a new Metro user interface, integrates the operating system with Microsoft’s other services, and plans to strictly control which hardware it runs on. [Refered from Wikipedia]
Windows Phone 7 Tricks Tips
Windows Phone 7 quickly delete multiple e-mails
To quickly delete multiples emails, tap the left-hand edge of any message in your inbox to expose checkboxes next to all your messages. Check the ones you want to delete and tap the garbage can icon.
Windows Phone 7 speech recognition
There’s a quick look at speech recognition in the video given below. Aside from using it to open programs and search the web, you can use it to call people by name or number (“Call Doug Aamoth” or “Call 555-1212”) and search for things in your general vicinity using Bing Maps (“Find local pizza”).
Windows Phone 7 Keyboard tricks
Using shortcuts is best trick to improve the speed of of our use. For using shortcuts tap the spacebar twice at the end of a sentence to add a period and a space. Double-tap the Shift key to turn on Caps Lock. Hold down on any letter to see available accents for that letter.
Windows 7 supports several useful new keyboard shortcuts.
- Alt+P : Display/ hide the Explorer preview pane
- Windows Logo+G : Display gadgets in front of other windows
- Windows Logo++ (plus key) : Zoom in, where appropriate
- Windows Logo+- (minus key) : Zoom out, where appropriate
- Windows Logo+Up : Maximise the current window
- Windows Logo+Down : Minimise the current window
- Windows Logo+Left : Snap to the left hand side of the screen
- Windows Logo+Right : Snap to the right hand side of the screen
- Windows Logo+Home : Minimise/ restore everything except the current window
Windows Phone 7 Find My Phone
First enable the Find My Phone feature in the settings menu of your device, then head to windowsphone.live.com and log into your account. From there, you can locate your phone on a map, make it ring (even if it’s on silent mode) if you’ve lost it in your house somewhere, remotely lock it with a “please return” message if it’s been lost or stolen, and even remotely wipe all of the data.
Windows Phone 7 conference calling
For using conference calling using Windows Phone 7, initiate a call to someone and, once connected, hit the down arrow and then the “Add call” button. Call the other person and, once connected, tap the “Merge calls” button to connect everyone.