Sony Xperia Go is nothing like any of the other Smart phones available in the market today; The Sony Xperia Go is unique in many ways. To start with the phone is water-resistant and shock proof.
Sony Xperia Go ’s mid range price is absolutely worth the money. Read Sony Xperia Sola Review if you are interested.
Unlike most other smart phones the Sony Xperia Go needs minimal maintenance and does not need to be looked after. This Gadget was designed for the user to take it anywhere in the world, like a hot desert or in places with sub-zero temperatures, this phone would function normally in extreme temperatures.
Sony Xperia Go Key Features
- Bravia Mobile Engine.
- 5 Megapixel autofocus camera with LED flash.
- Android OS Gingerbread v2.3.
- GPRS/EDGE/GSM Quad band support.
- HVGA resolution (320 x 480 pixels) at 165ppi.
- LED-backlit LCD capacitive touch screen with 16M-color.
- Screen display 3.5”.
- NovaThor U8500 chipset and Mali-400 GPU along with Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU.
- Touch focus, image stabilization, geo-tagging and smile detection for camera.
- Wise-pilot navigation with A-GPS & GPS.
- 720p video at 30fps.
- RDS with Stereo FM radio.
- Notification LED with proximity sensor & Accelerometer.
- DLNA, Wi-Fi b/g/n & Wi-Fi hotspot.
- microSD slot with 2GB card included and 32GB supported.
- Music recognition for Track-ID.
- Adobe Flash enabled.
Sony Xperia Go Design
The first smart phone that is sleek, shock proof, water proof and scratch proof, and is capable of delivering optimum performance.
- The phone’s dimensions are 111 x 60.3 x 9.8 mm and weighs at 110g.
- Sony Xperia Go is available in three colors Yellow, Black and White.
- Battery is standard Li-lon 1305 mAh. Battery talk time is up to 6 hours and standby is up to 450 hours.
- This phone has Touch-sensitive controls.
- The Sony Xperia Go is taller than the other Sony Xperia models and has a bigger screen.
- There is a proximity sensor along with the ear piece.
- Below the touch screen you will find the capacitive keys (Menu, Home and Back). Haptics can be enabled.
- Just below the capacitive keys the microphone pin –hole is placed.
- The 3.5mm audio jack is given on the left side and is protected by a seal that is plastic and water-resistant.
- The USB port is placed on the right along with the volume rocker.
- The power key is placed on the top and at the bottom you will only find the lanyard eyelet.
- The back of the phone has the 5MP camera with a LED flash.
- The stereo recording and speaker grille is placed nearby.
Sony Xperia Go Minor Drawbacks
- 1080p video playback does not support DivX/XviD video.
- There is no shutter key for shutter camera.
- There are no video calls for the secondary camera.
- Screen resolution could have been better and the loud-speaker is average when compared to other Sony Xperia phones.
- This phone does not have a front camera.
Sony Xperia Go Accessories
Sony Xperia Go retail pack has the following Accessories:
- A single piece headset.
- A USB cable that can be used by both computer and charger.
- An AC adapter.
- A regular SIM adapter along with a micro SIM is given.
- The arm case and wrist strap is only available with the Sony Xperia Go Sports Edition.
Sony Xperia Go Verdict
Like I mentioned earlier, the Sony Xperia Go is a very unique phone and is very handy for people who are very adventurous and like spending time outdoors. Sony Xperia Go is reasonably priced and is worth to buy.