May be you are reading lot of reviews for smartphones, please check this out and let me know your thoughts about Sony Xperia Sola in comment section.
There’s always that unmistakable buzz. Technology aficionados feel it the strongest. Yes, the launch of new Smartphone – the ultimate modern-day convergence device – always evokes excitement.
This time it’s due to the ‘Xperia Sola’ from Sony, who’ve brought out a plethora of stylish phones recently – and this one’s no different! Will it be a good deal, among all smartphone deals?
Sony Xperia Sola Overall Review
Sola Xperia Specifications
At a Glance:
- 3.7 inch capacitive touchscreen with “Floating Touch”
- 1 GHz Dual Core processor with 512 MB RAM
- Android Gingerbread 2.3 operating system
- 5 megapixel camera; 720p@30fps video recording
- 8 GB internal memory expandable to 32 GB
- GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity
Now, let’s slake the excitement further by getting down to the brass tacks
Sony Xperia Sola Look or Design
Talk about Smartphones that actually look smart! That’s just the way the Sola is:
- An elegant flat candybar outline housing a 3.7 inch scratch-resistant touchscreen all ensconced in a snug 116 x 59 x 9.9 mm
- 107 grams plastic frame
- Accessibility is a cinch with handy ports and buttons for volume, menu (3 touch-sensitive controls below the screen)
- Micro-USB, power, 3.5 mm audio reception, and photo clicking at the sides of the phone.
- It’s all consummated by the soft rubber back panel that comprises the stereo speakers and camera with LED flash.
- The resultant portability and overall feel is just what the doctor ordered. And taking a cue from the 16 million colors the display supports.
- The handset is available in attractive red, black, and white hues.
Sony Xperia Sola Components
Fortunately, Sony’s put together a clutch of features to ensure that the Xperia Sola measures up to the competition.
- Snazzy and fluid LCD backlit touchscreen enveloped in scratch-resistant glass
- Crisp 480 x 854 pixel resolution with 265 pixels per inch display supported by Sony Mobile Bravia ®knowhow
- Impressive MALI 400 Graphics Processing Unit circuitry
- User-friendly Android Gingerbread 2.3 operating platform
- Robust 1 GHz Dual Core processor (with NovaThor U8500 Chipset) and 512 MB RAM
- 8 GB of in-phone memory expandable up to 32 GB via the enclosed Micro SD card slot
- Decent 1320mAh battery facilitating a talk-time and standby time of up to 6 hours and 475 hours respectively
Sony Xperia Sola Entertainment
Multimedia freaks needn’t look elsewhere – the Sola delivers the goods in this sphere too.
- Camera : First off, there’s the perfectly fine 5 megapixel rear camera with from the trusted house of Sony laden. With LED flash, 16x digital zoom, and various other tweaks like white balance, scene mode, and ISO setting (among others) for outputting quality photographs that can then be shared or uploaded. There’s no front camera but hurrah: the camera facilitates 720p resolution video recording for capturing those ‘moving’ moments!
- Movie : Movie junkies can delight in watching High Definition MP4 and 3GPP clips that can be played courtesy of the snappy 1 GHz processor.
- Music And FM Radio : The inbuilt stereo music and FM Radio (with RDS) player with cool facets such as ‘xLoud’, 3D Surround Sound, and ‘TrackID’ recognition should satisfy even ardent audio audiophiles. The supported music formats include MP3, 3GPP, MP4, SMF and WAV.
- Games : A host of multimedia motion games also help in warding off dreary time periods.
- WebKit : Finally, the capable WebKit web browser is bolstered with the nifty ‘Floating Touch’ feature that enables users to control internet functions without touching the screen.
Sony Xperia Sola Connectivity
With all of the above, it’s easy to overlook the traditional reason for owning a phone (albeit a smartphone) – being in touch.
- The Sola continues the excellence by enabling clear, hassle-free phone calls and text messaging
- The GSM GPRS, EDGE, HSDPA, WiFi & Bluetooth v3.0 on board makes networking a breeze.
- It’s all rounded off by useful extras like GPS, Timescape with Twitter, Facebook application, Document viewer and Voice commands that heighten the appeal.
Bottom-line : Style? Check. Looks? Check. Internal specifications? Check. Usability? Check. Truly, the buzz around the all-new Sony Xperia Sola seems worth it and may be one the best smartphone within list .