If you want your database and certain application to run smoothly and fast, then you need to learn more about SQL server tuning and performance. Know more about Microsoft Access vs. MySQL comparison.
With the graphical interface feature of SQL server, you become able to create several data sheets, tabular representation or information and can develop certain procedures, as well. In addition to countless data management advantages, the SQL server performance also saves a lot of your precious time!
Stored Trials During SQL Server Performance Tips
Are There Any Possible Hurdles?
a) One of the problems, which may arise while using the application is increasing workload with the passage of time.
b) In the beginning, everything may work smoothly and your SQL server may not pose any problems at all.
c) However, gradually as the work load or the stored amount of data on the SQL server grows, the server may show signs of breakdown or overload.
Why Is Monitoring And Tuning Important Of SQL Server?
You may notice slowed down performance or certain degradation in performance or activity level. If this is happening then it is going to affect your overall work a great deal and may harm your work effectiveness and profit.
Therefore, it is very important that you keep track of the overall performance of your SQL server. Not only is it important to keep an eye on the performance or activity level of SQL server but you will also have to pay attention towards the tuning of SQL server to maximize the benefits.
How To Tackle The Problem?
* Although, SQL server can enhance your work performance and overall efficiency, yet, you need to pay due attention towards SQL server maintenance and performance tuning.
* Make sure that the graphical user interface is responding appropriately to the data management and work load.
* The initial signs of a slowed down SQL performance would be minor complaints from users. Sometimes the loading may take several seconds instead of loading immediately.
* You will have to pay attention towards the deadlocks, blocking, I/O bottlenecks, wait stats, poor query plans, unused indexes and missing indexes, fragmentation errors etc.
* In order to tackle the tuning and performance maintenance of your SQL server, you will need a well qualified and experienced team of developers. He should be knowledgeable in all the techniques to manage the performance of server and keep it functioning at the optimum level.
* There are certain tools that can be used for the performance optimization of an SQL server. Such as the DMV’s or Dynamic Management Views also known as System Catalog Views.
* Other tools of SQL server maintenance include, windows performance monitor, query plans, database tuning adviser, built-in performance reports etc.
The more alert you remain towards the user complaints and initial SQL server errors, the more advantageous it will be for maintaining the effectiveness.