Earlier I described How To Change Blogger Domain to Free Custom Domain co.cc. Today we are going to discuss how to set up co.cc(free domain) or your custom domain to free WordPress hosting.
There are lot of unlimited free hosting available. I will prefer Byethost or DreamHost. I already setup my 4 wordpress blogs using Byethost. My best preference to all of you is Byethost. Just because it is providing you free hosting as well as free control panel access.
1) First register your free hosting with Byethost.
2) After registration with Byethost you will get detailed mail from Bytehost including your control panel or FTP access username and password.(If you don’t have any FTP application just download free FTP client from from your Byethost control panel [This link only open after you logged in to control panel])
3) I supposed that you have free domain name xyz.co.cc. or your own custom domain.(If you still not register your own domain name, You can use co.cc free domain name service for this for that just click Here How To Change Blogger Domain to Free Custom Domain co.cc and follow the first four steps in that post.
4) Now need to setup NAME SERVER records for you domain, for that follow the following steps.
a) Login to your Domain control panel it may be your Free Custom Domain co.cc
or purchased domain name control panel. Just go in DSN manager.
b) Delete all previous records and add Following records in Name Server Field
- ns2 .byet.org
c) Click Setup
d) Name server changes may take up to 48 hours to update throughout the Internet.
5) After Finishing above Name Server Setup go in control panel of your free host (Byethost Control Panel) and follow the steps.
a) Just select Addon Domains from Domain section
b) Add your own domain name in this section.
c) After adding your domain, Select iVista – Easy Script Installation from Software & Services section on your Bythost control panel.
d) You will get list of application to install just install WordPress from there, it will automatically install WordPress and create required database for Worpress. But this WordPress will be previous version.
e) You can download latest version of WordPress Here.
f) If you login to your FTP account which you got at time of registering with Byethost,you can see that there is one folder created on your FTP that is of your domain name. Just double click on that folder and upload downloaded Latest Version of WordPress over there.
That’s it your wordpress with free hosting and with your own domain name has been set up. You need to just login using following link in your admin panel.Your Username will be admin and password will be same to the Bythost Control panel.
http://your-domain-name/wp-admin (Without www)
Happy WordPress Blogging