HTC Desire VC ! Amidst the recent craze for Apple iPhone s and Samsung Galaxy S phones, it’s easy to overlook another consistent smartphone line that’s regularly topped ‘desirability’ rankings.
Yes, HTC Desire is that smartphone line and one of the latest in this series is the HTC Desire VC. So what are the phone’s highlights and facets? The ensuing review encapsulates it all.
HTC Desire VC Main Specifications at a glance
- GSM and CDMA Dual SIM functionality
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0) operating system
- 1 GHz processor
- 4 inch Capacitive Touchscreen
- 4 GB built-in memory expandable up to 32 GB via micro SD card
- Bluetooth, 3G, Wi-Fi, GPRS, micro USB and WAP connectivity
- 5 megapixel camera with LED flash
- Music system with Beats Audio™ technology
- 1650 mAh capacity battery
HTC Desire VC Other Specifications
Build and Design
The HTC Desire VC is an exceedingly good-looking phone that resides in a sleek 119.5 x 62.3 x 9.5 mm body weighing a perfectly portable119 grams. The upshot is that the device fits snugly in one’s hands.
Also, the all-metal finish imparts a solid yet smart look to the smartphone. The smartphone can be had in two shades – white and black.
The large 4 inch capacitive touchscreen returns a decent 480 x 800 pixel resolution. The display supporting 16 million colors and extreme viewing angles for optimal viewing.
Software and inner functionality
- Thankfully, the HTC Desire VC incorporates Android’s latest Ice Cream Sandwich version, which makes the interface extremely user-friendly.
- Factor in the powerful 1 GHz Cortex A5 processor with Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon chipset and one has an exceptionally speedy machine with core multitasking abilities and minimal technical complications.
- The total memory (4 GB internal along with a possible 32 GB external) accords ample space to store data files and multimedia content.
- The inimitable dual SIM (GSM and CDMA) supports simultaneous work capability.
The HTC Desire VC sports a capable 5 megapixel shooter encompassing autofocus, geo-tagging function, and an inbuilt LED flash (that is handy for low light conditions).
The smartphone is also capable of Wide VGA video recording, allowing for clear and vivid videos. Moreover, a wide variety of video formats are supported such as 3GP, 3G2, MP4, WMV 9, and AVI for playing back and MP4 for recording.
The music system deserves special mention as the HTC Desire VC incorporates the state-of-the-art ‘Beats Audio’ technology that renders optimum sound quality. This patented HTC know how means that sounds are richer, tones crisper, and music more natural and pronounced.
All this makes movie watching, music listening, and game playing more exciting and enjoyable. Also, the music system supports numerous file formats such as AAC, AMR, OGG, M4A, MP3, WAV and WMV 9 for playing back and AMR for recording.
Another nice sound feature worth noting is the MP3 and WAV polyphonic ring tones – they sound fresh and melodious.
Connectivity and Ports
The HTC Desire VC is comfortably placed on the connections front for convenient browsing and faster correspondence. The smartphone supports:
- Bluetoothv3.0 with A2DP
- Micro USB v2.0
- GPRS and WAP
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- MMS and Push Email
- Assisted GPS
- Browser with High speed internet access and Adobe Flash
Other features and applications
The HTC Desire VC possesses some other worthwhile facets:
- Document viewer
- Voice calling and dial
- SMS with predictive text input
- Accelerometer sensor for effective gaming
- Stereo FM with RDS
- Inbuilt functionality for Google Search, Maps, Gmail,YouTube, Calendar and Google Talk
- Java support
HTC Desire VC Bottom-line
Indubitably, the HTC Desire VC exudes a high desirability factor given its wide-ranging features. It’s roughly USD 300 price is also very much in reach of most modern-day smartphone aficionados. Consequently it is highly recommended.